If you have just picked writing as a profession or part time profession, you might want to get some idea about plagiarism. While it is a major limitation and boundary outside which the writers could become liable of legal actions against them, it is still in practice and many people lose their credibility due to plagiarism every day. It is better that you research and know more about plagiarism before you start writing for an employer on a professional basis.Plagiarism is like a plague for freelance writers and that’s why they should be most careful about it.
There are two major reasons of why plagiarism is considered a major limitation; it’s unethical, and steeling someone’s work is illegal. Plagiarism occurs when you copy content (it could be any form of content) from its actual owner and instead of giving the person the credit for his work you present the content as your personal property or your own in simple words. In simple words, a writer might pick a paragraph or a line from some book and in his article present these lines as his own. This act by nature is evil and odious and if you get caught plagiarizing any content, you could face a trial in the court and even heavy fines for breaching the copyrights of another person.
when writers write any content, whether they are the professional ones working in offices of freelance writers, because it’s just not right to steal from someone. Stealing isn’t only of money: just like stealing bread, lunch, pencil or notes is considered stealing, copying someone’s content and not citing his/her name is also stealing.
Furthermore, once the plagiarized content is caught, the writer could lose his reputation and be prevented from further working. Loss of self-esteem and confidence are other psychological issues that might be faced as a result.
Here are a few tips for freelance writers to write quality original content without fearing plagiarism and copyright infringement:
• Just don’t use the software that spin content and claim to reproduce pre-written articles in an uncatchable content.
• When researching on the internet, don’t look at the content line by line and rewrite it. Look at the content, read it for a while, close all the tabs on your browser and start writing things in your own words.
• Always find a niche that you love the most and write about it. Don’t write about stuff that you don’t like or know much about. Writers often write copied content when they don’t have anything to add from their own.
• Don’t write when you are not feeling like writing. Your mind will definitely convince you eventually to copy content to end the task nonetheless.
• Don’t overwork! It will only exhaust your mental abilities and you will end up copying stuff because you will have a writer’s block at the end.
when you are writing about things that you like and at a time when your work isn’t burden for you, you are definitely not expected to go for shortcuts. Shortcuts have never been recommended to get success and this applies well to your writing career as well.